Thank you to everyone who tuned in to The Other Side of LIVE! and tonight’s guests Bocca Musica. This podcast is a look at chasing & catching your dreams on the Bawdy side of life. So, it’s a little naughtier than usual—you have been warned!
Bocca Musica™ is an international, award winning, musical-comedy troupe that mixes traditional drinking songs, bawdy songs, spoofs of musical theatre and modern songs with jokes, toasts and our own brand of slapstick.
Some of tonight’s highlights included:
• A glimpse at the people who make up Bocca Musica. The troupe’s beginnings, what they do, and where they hope to take things
• Discussion about performing at different locales such as the Michigan Renaissance Festival, the Silver Leaf Renaissance Faire, and the Mobil Zoo Renaissance Faire. Also, the preparation that went into their (at the time) upcoming performance for a medical marijuana conference in Ann Arbor, MI
• Lost caller (his portable phone died) “Captain Tiberius” from the crew of the Lusty Wench chapter of the Brethren of the Great Lakes
• Bawdy musical comedy. Impromptu live renditions of three (count ‘em) of their more popular songs: The Lusty Wench, Sad But True, & Party at the Faire
• “Everybody has an inner freak.”
• The service that comedy and comedians provide
• Difficulties with audience members being too familiar with the actor. Talking about how it is to have people walk up to you like they know you from your show. Not respecting boundaries, confusing the character for the real person
• Parental complaints
• How Tomas (the youngest member) joined the ranks of Bocca Musica
• Tomas’ band, Armateur Hour: http://www.facebook.com/amateurhourmusic
• Suggestions for up & coming performers/acts
• A Birthday song for CountryBoy’s momma, Linda
• Alex Da Movie Guy of the Bear Crawling Nation’s newest podcast, 7th Row Center, with an introduction and summer blockbuster musical review.
You can find Bocca Musica at: